Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Abba, let me rest in your grace

I so often forget that Jesus chose me! 
John 15:16 
What freeing truth that is!!
I am the kind of person that always feels like I need to prove myself or I need to be perfect for someone to appreciate me, to be proud of me, or to even love me. I know growing up I would always want to be the best at everything I did because I didn't want to disappoint my parents, teachers, coaches, friends, etc.  I see myself doing this more and more with the Lord. Trying to change who I am so He will be proud of me or love me more. So that I can earn the cross. But that is so silly because He can't love me more.  He already loves me! He loved me when I was still dead in my sin. He has loved me at my worst and loved me at my best, and loved me the same both times!

[But because of his GREAT love for us, who is rich in mercy, 
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions
 - it is by GRACE you have been saved.]
Ephesians 2: 4-5

[But God demonstrates his OWN love for US in this:
While we were still sinners. Christ died for us.]
Romans 5:8

Since the beginning He chose me. He has been there always, He patiently stood by me until I would look up and see Him there. So instead of trying to impress Him I need to learn how to rest in Him. 

The cross was not meant to condemn us, but to free us. 
But when I see the cross I want to see His grace! 

[For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world,
but in order that the world might be saved through Him]
John 3:17

His sacrifice was to save me because He loved me, 
not to tell me I messed up or that I am not good enough. 
Truth is, I wasn't good enough and never would have been. 
That's why I needed Jesus.
And that is what makes this the coolest thing ever, 
He chose me when I wasn't good enough!
The cross is meant to bring GRACE!
Grace brings freedom! 
Freedom from bondage and death! 
We get to LIVE!
We now get to live as children of God calling Him father!

[The spirit you received does NOT make you slaves, so that you live in fear again;
Rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. 
And by Him we cry, "Abba, Father."]
Romans 8:15

So when I begin to think that I have to win God's favor I have to remember to sit at the cross that brings freedom, not condemnation!

I have to remember that my father chose me.

Abba, I need you. 
Abba, I want you.



No comments:

Post a Comment